Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Classroom Revamp!


So today I did my first afternoon of tutoring. I guess it was more like an evening because it was from 4:30-6:30. I was able to spend some one-on-one time with my students and get them to help me set up my classroom even a little bit more. I am really getting to know all of my students and of course getting more and more attached to them. I will give my first assessment Friday and am looking forward to seeing how they all do. I will let you know how that goes, but first take a look at some pictures of the classroom!
I found these hilarious posters at the dollar store. I don't think they are really that great, but they make me smile. If you can't read it the quote on this one says "If you never stick your neck out you'll never get your head above the rest"

This corner of the classroom looks a lot different than the last time that you saw a picture. The computers all are named after famous baseball players, because the sixth grade theme is baseball (shout out to lower school GFS computer room for that idea). Our word wall is growing, and under the sign that says "our goals" students wrote their career goals and names on name tags and stuck it to the wall.

This is a new organizational system that I am trying out. It took me a very long time to get set up so I hope that it works. Each student has a mailbox in the bin for their block, and this is where they keep their notebooks and where I hand stuff back. Classes are also color coded.
And finally some student work on my wall!!!! These are posters that my students made out of "book covers" that were created on Friday. The book covers are based on the setting from the first chapter of our book. The students did a wonderful job with this, I wish I could show them all to you individually they are just beautiful.

1 comment:

Lindsey Hicks said...

You are a machine. I am amazed at how much you are taking on. Don't forget to take a little break now and then too.