Saturday, October 23, 2010

Whatever it takes... become legendary


My students needed a little motivation this week to focus back in on their school work so I showed this awesome video. All I did was play this video and 3 others from the "become legendary campaign," and then asked them to write for 5 minutes about why I showed these videos. One of my amazing students wrote the following (I copied her spelling, and grammar to keep it authentic):

Become Legendary
Ms. (my name) is showing us this video because she wants us to see how other people worked hard so they can become legendary.

When I grow up I will become legendary. I will not let anything or any one keep me down. I have the power to be brave and strong.

I will an am going to be the first girl in my family (mom, dad, sister, brother) to finish school and start collage. I will acheive all of my goals because Ms. (my name) and everyone else cares about me and my education.

Once I get my grade or report cards I will see 40ty years from now and see what difference i made with me and my life.

I can, i am, and i will become legendary.

My teachers are giving me the tools to work hard, I cannot just stay their and do nothing. They gave me the tools for a reason, that reason is for something in the future, so I will need to caryy those tools every where I go, and those tools will help me get to my destiny.

I believe in me myself and i to become legendary. and set my goals


No comments: